Monday, July 18, 2005

Persevering Words


Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air. John Quincy Adams


In the practice of clinical hypnotherapy it is important to energize words with emotionally-cured active imagery/imaginology that truly cause them to take on their own life. Otherwise, the words tend to flow through the mind, without taking hold.


Be they positive or negative, emotions are powerful anchors. If one has experienced negative anchoring, especially over-time or toxic exposure, it becomes more difficult to stay in a healthy & productive persevering mind state. It helps to think of experiences being etched into the subconscious mind by way of emotional exposure. It's really quite logical........but in the real world we have to actually "work the experience," enhancing what we want & diminishing what we don't want. This is the song of the individual working with the powerful tools of interactive self-hypnosis.


Hypnotherapy allows us to work in highly creative ways with our experiences & the emotions that coat them. We are able to take very minute portions of the whole & allow the subconscious mind to work it's magic.


As a clinical hypnotherapist, I get to do this all day long, whether working with patients or writing CD scripts, books or articles. However, this isn't the same as doing my own Self development work. In fact, there are times when I'm working with someone on a particular issue & part of me senses the critical finger pointing directly at me. In the past this used to blow my mind, as it can be truly spooky, but now I consider it a finger-string-reminder & I am grateful for this less than subtle wake-up call.


As a parent, I remember asking my sons, "How many times do I have to tell you the same thing?" How difficult it is to persevere in real life!


I just finished a session with parents of an anorexic patient of mine who is in recovery. The father told me that all he wants to know is "How many times he will have to tell his daughter the same thing?" How difficult it is to persevere, even when we love the other person & only want the best for them.


Today I find myself in the same boat, needing to persevere, but having inner Self arguments.

Here's the scenario.


I happen to have some very emotionally negative mind etching in the area of publishing my work. These programs play even louder when my desk is clear of clutter. The more organized I become, the louder those programs play. The accompanying images aren't very pretty either.


It takes quite a bit of courage to confront this kind of mindSCRABBLE & to diminish what inner garbage doesn't fit the desired end-goal, which of course, is to see my books on the best seller list. I also have to grow the images, keeping in mind that thinking big is part of subconscious mind programming. In the midst of negative mind-etching, this is rather like doing a double back flip on a full stomach.


Thinking something isn't enough. I wish it was, but it simply isn't. In clinical hypnosis we go behind the finished goal-image & walk the action path. We may not see the plants on the side of the path that represent each needed activity, but just knowing that they are present is enough to program the subconscious mind for action. This type of image also lets the mind know that you would like the action-steps to be presented in order. The mind works backwards. First, one enters the end goal & then walks the action steps back to front.


The most challenging part of this activity is to find the courage to meet the problem & face off with it. This is where the parents of my patient are having their difficulty. They are still finger-pointing & blame-tossing. This is the same as negative mind-etching. Over time it becomes even more difficult to move into the positive imaginology & walk the plan path. To complicate matters, working with another individual in the same problem area tends to multiply & snarl the offending weeds. We know this as "power-playing."


And so, I see/sense my own publishing issues today & enter the image of my books being on the best seller list. I've mind-clipped the list & framed it. It's now located on the inner-wall of my subconscious mind library. I'm about to open the door & go down the action path. It will be interesting for me to see how I will spend the rest of my work day.


ARCHIVED BLOG


I cherish my dreams & respect their purpose. My dreams are the blueprints to my ultimate success.
Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home