Sunday, July 17, 2005

BEGINNING....

The last thing one knows---is what to put first
. Blaise Pascal

Yes, it is difficult to know how & where to begin. In my work as an RN, clinical medical, sports & personal development hypnotherapist, I'm continually doing battle with beginning issues. Patients come to my office because they don't know where, or how to begin to unravel their problems. In short, they are experiencing disorderly mind programs, many of which are seriously affecting their body function.

Clinical hypnotherapy is word work, in the moment. In real time, it is a form of improvisation theater....becoming still, paying attention, while trusting your own mind to find the best words for designing powerful metaphors for change. I'm always amazed at how the subconscious mind serves the soul when the environment is just right.

Beginning this blog was not an easy decision for me, but a part of me was intent on doing this. I spent some time with this particular part of myself, investigating the reasoning behind the mind suggestion to do this. In my professional practice I'm very comfortable in allowing my patients to view my life issues & to visit inside my mind. This type of sharing is therapeutic in patient relationships.

However, the blog approach is very different. I don't know who, if anyone, will read my self-exploration, nor how I'll be judged. That is my insecure self speaking. It is one of my many negative-based emotional states that have been around for decades & it is because of these very emotions that I've decided to go forward with this type of blog.

I believe strongly that we learn from each other. We are teachers & students at the same time. My work with patients over the years has provided me with enough reflections to explore my own inner life in quite a bit of detail. I've journaled hypnotically for years, but just for myself, so this will be a very different challenge.

I just told a patient yesterday that it is important to keep practicing the beginning of new things & not to get stale in this department of life. Guess I was also speaking to myself.
So, I'm looking at this as a self-analysis therapeutic tool & I'm rather excited as to where it may take me creatively. In fact, I had some dreams about this last night & woke up with a change in the name for the blog presenting itself to me. So I can see that my own subconscious mind is already involved in this process.


My only limits are those of my inner vision. I learn to think big.
Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home