Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hateful Word Games


We hate some persons because we do not know them; and we will not know them because we hate them. Charles Caleb Colton


When playing mindScrabble it is important to watch out for hateful words. They often just creep onto the playing board of life, as if they were living things, having a life of their own. It does help, however, to stay in heightened awareness around negative mind states, whether they be self-owned, or carried by others.


I came across both types this weekend. A mother telling me of her deep anger, resentment & hate for her own child. A patient sharing her deep negative feelings for a man she thought she knew & loved. And as I clean my office, sensing my deep self-anger for the piles of papers, magazines, books, etc. that I haven't read or even organized.....still unable to trash them.


Keep in mind that the actual word hate doesn't have to be uttered unto itself. Other words or images/metaphors are often marinated in it. Goodness, it is distasteful & because the mind & body are connected, my entire gut reacts.


I need to remind myself the one brings emotions, moods, thoughts, happenings forward, depending on the specific genre played. Play anxiety/tension & more will appear as if by magic. Play relax, happiness, gratitude & these will knock at my door.


Right now, in this very moment, I'm busy releasing the anger, displeasure & actual hate that was delivered to me in quite a bit of detail. And....the phone rings.....a phone call all about someone elses anger, disenchantments, anxiety entering my already over-burdened ears.
It's so important to know how to release, both emotionally & physiologically.


As I'm writing this, I'm in the process. Heightened awareness is key, as well as the actual sensing in the body. Scanning down the body, opening with imagery & letting go. Observing the emotions calming first & then changing their soiled shirts. Choosing new ones....bright colors with delightful images on the fronts. Sensing these images inside the released body. Moving into the images & mind-playing just for a moment. Doing what it takes, even though I don't want to take the time.


I am free to choose my own emotional states. I stay awake & aware.
Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home