Saturday, August 13, 2005

Future-Pacing Words...

My future belongs to me. I am the writer, director & producer of my own life. Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

Related Words - time that is to come,aftertime, afterward, by-and-by, hereafter, offing, to-be, beyond the present

We tend to mimic sailboats....blown this way & that, our directions decided by something out of our control. In this metaphor, the wind representing life. Unfortunately this is a very stressful way to go through life. In addition, it is next to impossible to reach our deepest desires if we continue to choose this way of living.

In the previous blog entry we discussed the power of regression. The entry before that focused on tweaking different areas of our life, thereby requesting our subconscious minds to give us suggestions & connected plans for making things better. I've been trying to write the blogs in some sort of order, so those of you who might be interested in working with these creative tools could follow along. If anyone is having difficulty, I'm very available online. You can
email me here or visit one of my websites where more than likely you can jump right on my desk through the human-click button.

Future-pacing is another time-line tool that is very valuable & quite easy to commandeer. While it is certainly possible to simply jump on the time-line & go forward, I prefer to do some pre-time-line work beforehand. I will, however, do this pre-work in a light hypnosis. In other words, I'll plan some quiet time & then relax deeply.....slowing my brain waves down below the alpha level. I've written about this before & it is very simple to do.

For those of you who need a quick review, here it is:

Find a chair that is comfortable & settle down into it. Sense the chair holding you up. Now allow your body to sink into it, just as if magnets were pulling you down. You might like to take a few yawn breaths & sense your breath sitting in your lower abdomen, just as if it contained a merry-go-round horse. Pay quiet attention as it goes gently up & down.

Have a journal available or even a piece of paper will do. I rather like journals because they seem to attract the subconscious mind. Make a little map that represents your future. Purposefully think about yourself in that area..... begin with the near future, perhaps tomorrow & then move on to next week.....followed by a month down the road. See/sense a calendar turning gently, noticing that small images of your successes are stamped on each date. You don't have to see them in any detail.........just notice their existence.

Some thoughts will be coming into your mind right about now. You might want to write them down or even ask them some questions. It's important to notice your future as a real thing....not just some nebulous time down the road. That's why I suggest that you draw out some sort of image to represent it. This will give you a mind-focus for respecting it, etc. Never again will you treat it in any negative fashion or disregard it as if it didn't truly exist. It does exist & will come to pass.......& you will guide it gently towards what you want to happen.

We get what we think about all day long. Think in negative terms & guess what you will receive? Of course, you may think this is obvious & why should you spend time reading or thinking about this. Don't be fooled. You may know it, but there isn't one of us who doesn't fall into this mind-trap, myself included. But, the more you future-pace, the less you will find yourself programming your mind for negative experiences.

Once you have journaled & explored some thoughts about your future, start detailing the things you would like to experience. Yes, this does take time. However, your time is much better spent programming what you want, then letting the winds blow you without your direction. That is poor time management, besides making it more difficult to get back in the direction you want to go. For many people, the trip back is perceived as being too much work, so guess what? They stay wherever they end up, thanks to the wind.

Future-pacing is all about planning the details of what you want as if you already had it. Certainly you can add dates, etc. Make it as specific as you like, but truly image & emotionalize it. Treat your future-paced images with a host of affirmations. I like to detail my images in writing & then visit them in the theater of my mind, especially before I go to sleep at night. I want my subconscious mind to play with these images during my dream states. This is a powerful time for accessing your deepest levels of problem solving & creativity.

In the next blog I'll touch base with dream programming. Keep in touch & if there is something you might like me to write about here, I'm only a click away.

ARCHIVED BLOG

My future falls off the end of my pen. I communicate easily with my future-selves. They help me to comprehend what is possible & then to plant it. ...Elizabeth Bohorquez, RN, C.Ht

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offerings for Publishers, Editors & Agents
Beyond Disorderly Eating...The Truth About Sugar & Bingeing & How to Stop
mindSCRABBLE...The Game of Programming Your Mind for What You Want
It's Time to Stop...Nail Biting - Book & Interactive Self-Hypnosis CD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home